This project was part of my studies during the 5th and 6th semester at the Harz University of Applied Sciences. It was a cooperation between the University and the design agency “IdeenGut” for the literature museum “Gleimhaus” in Halberstadt, Germany.
This project was also supported by the state of Saxony-Anhalt as part of their program “Sachsen-Anhalt DIGITAL“.
We worked in a group of 7 (6 students and our professor) to develop a speech recognition based system that allows visitors to interact with portraits of known minds of the Age of Enlightment, e. g. Schiller. In memoriam of Gleim the visitor shall be able to greet a portrait and start a “conversation” in wich he can ask questions about multiple topics and get a feeling of personal interaction.
- The visitor can navigate through the menu via spoken commands
- The visitor has multiple choices for a command
- Visitors that don’t want to use the speech recognition can trigger the dialogs via a web-interface on a given tablet
- The adressed portrait gets illuminated for visual feedback via serial communication
- Audio comments are played for each portrait and topic in sourround sound
Worked on/Done so far
Github repository: Click here!
|XCode, Arduino Uno, Github, Trello
|“Annual project” – 5th and 6th semester
|Prof. Daniel Ackermann
|Design Agency IdeenGut, Gleimhaus museum
|Johanna Haupt, Mona Holtmann, Madita Lange, Ivo Max Müllner,Annabel Schewe, Niklas Trenkel